This weekend a major car meet of 300+ cars took place at the Innova Business Park.
There was danger of injury to the spectators and the Police closed the event down. With a stop site set up at the entrance to Innova Business Park. All vehicles were stopped and examined as they left.
However some participants broke down a wooden fence and exit barrier – enabling them to avoid the Police stop site.
6x Notices of Intention to Prosecute. Including dangerous driving.
1x Arrest wanted on warrant.
4x Vehicles seized for no insurance
3x Stop and search
1x Lock knife seized
1x Possession of cannabis
19x TOR prosecutions including: no licence, not in accordance, plates and other construction and use offences.
50x Community Protection Warnings.
30x+ Section 59’s (s59). Once the Police issue the first S59 – a repeat offence within 12 months means the Police can seize the vehicle.
What the Council needs to do;
- Seek injunction against car cruising / meets. (as many other Councils have).
- Deploy ASB Council officers at car meet hot spots over the evening weekends.
- Deploying mobile CCTV to these locations.
- Amend the protection order – PSPO – to cover the whole of the Borough.
- Continue to press that the former B&Q car park and Innova Business Park car park have enhanced security measures installed.
What TfL / Mayor of London needs to do;
- Introduce noise cameras.
- Deliver average speed cameras along Southbury Road junction to Great Cambridge Road roundabout.
- Bring back the enhanced resources of the Vision Zero operation – to assist the current Policing / Operation Ghost Freak efforts.
What you can do to help:
Please write to your MPs, GLA member and Councillors calling for the above.
A10 Petition – Presented
This is secure average speed cameras along Southbury Road to Great Cambridge Road roundabout – our first petition secured the average speed cameras along the A10 Southbury Road to Bullsmoor – lets hope the second petition also succeeds.
The A10 has some of the highest levels of speeding and accidents in London.
Average speed cameras / noise cameras:
Since the petition was started the technology of noise cameras has come along. This technology is still in the trial stages. It was disappointing that the Mayor of London is still not supporting deploying noise cameras – despite the real need for them – we will keep pressing for action.
As part of the campaign to improve A10 road safety has included car meets – as these issues are interlinked. I have been holding multi-agency meetings over the years to try and move the issue forward – working with the Council, Police and TfL/GLA.
I am working with others to organise a public meeting next month – scheduled for October 9th.